Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trier

So I am visiting my relatives for a few days before i go to München, staying with my aunt, uncle, and cousin Lea. Today we went to Trier in the afternoon to go shopping. (Didn't do anything in the morning, because i ended up sleeping till 1pm---and would have easily slept longer if they didn't come wake me up! and i had gone to bed at 1130pm ha ha.)

I was born in Trier and 2 years ago i spent like a week exploring it (because its the closest "city" to where my family lives), which was actually far too long considering it is a town with only 100,000 people living in it. So didn't feel the need to do lots of sightseeing there, although it does have cute buildings and lots of neat roman ruins.

Here's a few pictures from today:

My 9 year old cousin Lea (soo cute!)



main area of Trier


main area with Porta Nigra in the background (the black gate, super old roman gate)



cool street performer fountain guz (water came out of his hair and fingertips!)



just a pretty building


more pictures and exciting things to come!

No comments: