Thursday, July 17, 2008

Packing

So currently my days are being consumed by the dreadful task of packing and moving. I just moved out of my place into a sublet a couple months ago, so at this point it's almost becoming a hobby.

Thankfully i don't have to do any heavy lifting, since i'm getting rid of my furniture. But I am having to deal with having too many things (ie TONS of clothes) to bring with me.


This is what my suitcase currently looks like


Not only is this one massive suitcase, but i still have one bag of clothing in the washer and i've already given away two bags of clothing to GoodWill. gah. I am also bringing a smaller suitcase (filled just with shoes), a backpack, and a good-sized duffel bag.

The problem i'm having is I can't store that much with my parents, so that means for the majority of my things i've gotta bring 'em or toss 'em. And i am just awful at throwing things away. Can't do it. Maybe it's my fear that i'll eventually need it someday that holds me back. Not sure, but i'm also the type of person who can't throw food away and tries to push it onto other people's plates when at all possible. So i'm probably just a bit pathalogical about the whole thing.

So to procrastinate i've been watching a couple of you tube video's about packing (yes i know i'm a nerd)

This video is cool because this guy has all these super light weight and magically tiny things he's bringing with him (granted he's going to maui for a short time not germany), but he does lose mega points in my book for only bring two pairs of underwear, especially because they are freaky see through mesh underwear. EWWW.



This other video is just about a cool way to pack your luggage, not something i would have come up with on my own.



Yeah I know. I need to stop wasting time and start packing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeeeeaaaah reversible skirts!