Monday, September 1, 2008

My foot smells like onion




Okay technically this happened a couple weeks ago, so my foot no longer smells like onion. But it sounded better in the present tense, so there.

But yeah, just a funny camp story to entertain you all.


We often sing "The Moose Song" with all the kids and have them perform it all together for their parents in the drama show we always have at the end of camp. We had been practicing in the morning on the grass and I was leading it.

In the middle of the song I happened to step on a bee.

So it went something like this:

Me: There was a great big moose..

Kids: There was a great big moose...

Me: He liked to... OWW. What the FUCK! FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT FUCK!


The kids were just like woah is she okay and I was sitting on the floor in agony. The whole bee was stuck to my foot at first, so i just instinctively pulled it out---which of course left a tiny sliver of the stinger in my foot.

At the same time Gemma and Scott are just pissing themselves laughing and refusing to get my tweezers, while I am just speaking like a sailor and trying to attack them so they will get me something to fix my foot. And Braden is just leading the kids in weird stretching exercises.

It was pretty hilarious, although pretty painful.

And so at training week they had told us about this German first aide trick that they use onions on bug bites and bee stings and we all thought it sounded pretty funny.

BUT my foot was painful, swollen and itchy. So I gave it a shot. And it looks stupid but it DOES actually work quite well. It looked a lot better in just an hour--although it was itchy most of the week (but then again I wasn't super diligent with my onion usage, only used it the first day).

So lesson of the week: Onions really do work.

No comments: